Access and use of services, applications, software, websites, content, data, platforms, APIs or other materials as referenced in the applicable terms (“HERE Materials”) by you or your customers, End Users, subcontractors or agents (“you” or “your,”) is subject to this Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”). This Acceptable Use Policy applies to agreements effective date as of the 3rd of May, 2021.
You shall not use nor permit others to use HERE Materials in a way that:
1) violates any applicable law, regulation or directive, including but not limited to advertising, export, and privacy;
2) violates, misappropriates or impairs any HERE or third party rights, including but not limited to property, intellectual property, publicity and treatment of personal information;
3) is abusive, deceptive, defamatory, offensive or obscene;
4) permits or seeks to permit the unauthorized use, disclosure or access of/to any HERE Materials, including but not limited to (except as expressly permitted by applicable law or contract): data mining, copying, storing, transmitting, assigning, (re)selling, (sub)licensing, distributing, displaying, publishing, benchmarking, scanning, monitoring, mirroring, framing, embedding, scraping, linking, modifying, translating, combining, creating derivative works, disassembling, decompiling, and reverse engineering;
5) violates/circumvents contractual usage restrictions or any monitoring, reporting or authentication mechanisms;
6) has the goal or effect of:
a) circumventing, breaching, probing or compromising any security measures (including but not limited to introducing viruses, worms, spyware or other malware);
b) gaining unauthorized access to any information, services or systems (including but not limited to phishing, pharming or spoofing); or
c) disrupting the integrity, availability or operation of any information, services or systems (e.g. DoS, DDoS);
7) the HERE Materials or any information derived therefrom is used
a) for high-risk systems, devices or products in a manner where HERE Materials or any information derived therefrom would be critical to health or security of people or property; or
b) for Military Use activities. Military use means use by any armed services (such as army, navy, marine, air force or coast guard), government intelligence or reconnaissance agencies or any end user whose actions or functions are intended to support such activities;
8) removes, modifies, or obscures any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right notices; or
9) would expose the HERE Materials to any open source software, open content, or open database licenses or other resembling terms where such licenses or terms would (i) cause the disclosure or distribution of the HERE Materials (or any part thereof); (ii) grant any licenses to any derivative works of any HERE Materials (or any part thereof); (iii) cause redistribution of the HERE Materials (or any part thereof) at no charge, as a condition for use, modification or distribution of such other material; or (iv) otherwise restrict or impact the licensing or other use of the HERE Materials (or any part thereof).
HERE reserves the right, but does not assume the obligation, to investigate any suspected violation of this AUP and may, acting reasonably:
- remove content and/or suspend, disable, or terminate access;
- report any suspected violations to enforcement officials or affected third parties; and
- seek reimbursement of losses and costs resulting from such violations, including, but not limited to, reasonable legal fees.
If you become aware of or suspect any violations of this AUP, you are to promptly notify HERE (at https://developer.here.com/?getInTouch.) and comply with any reasonable requests made by HERE to investigate and remedy the violation.