Consumer Privacy and Service Terms FAQ
On August 3, 2015, Nokia Corporation announced an agreement to sell its HERE digital mapping and location services business to a consortium comprising of AUDI AG, BMW Group and Daimler AG (the “Consortium”). After completion of the proposed sale of Nokia’s HERE location-based business to the Consortium, HERE assumes responsibility for the personal data of that business’ customers. The questions and answers below provide further details about what happens after the proposed transaction.
1. Question: After the proposed sale of HERE, what changes about the way my personal data is collected and processed?
After the completion of the proposed transaction, personal data that relates to the HERE services will be collected and processed by HERE.
In addition, HERE is publishing some information to help you understand what will happen at https://legal.here.com.
3. Question: Will Nokia retain any of my personal data following the proposed transaction?
After the proposed transaction, services not related to the HERE services remain with Nokia and Nokia will continue to be responsible for the processing of personal data relating to those services. Other than that, HERE assumes responsibility for personal data related to the HERE services.
It is important to note that the Consortium is not purchasing all of Nokia’s applications and services. Nokia continues to be responsible for any personal data collected and used in connection with the Nokia applications and services that continue to be owned by Nokia, such as Z Launcher.
5. Question: I understand that HERE will have responsibility for personal data for HERE Account and the Improvement Program after the proposed transaction. What does this mean in practice?
Nokia Corporation’s responsibility for HERE Account and the HERE Improvement Program will shift to HERE. This means that after the sale HERE is responsible for this data and HERE will be responsive to your privacy needs.
· You can continue to access HERE services with your HERE Account.
· If you want to update your profile – for example your email address or phone number or to unsubscribe from receiving newsletters and promotions – you can continue to do that through the HERE Account profile management tool (available at https://account.here.com/).
· If you want to exercise your privacy rights related to the HERE Account, you can contact HERE. Your request will be addressed by HERE.
6. Question: On my device and/or application user interface and/or sales box, I still see the word “Nokia.” After the proposed transaction, am I still interacting with Nokia, or am I now interacting with HERE? Who is receiving my data for each given service?
7. Question: Does the proposed transaction change the countries where my data will now be transferred? After the proposed transaction, will HERE transfer my personal data to the United States?
8. Question: If I want to access my personal data, or want it to be corrected or deleted after the proposed transaction, how can I do that?
If you want to exercise your privacy rights after the proposed transaction, you can contact HERE at: HERE Global B.V, c/o Privacy, De Run 1115, 5503 LB Veldhoven, Netherlands.
9. Question: I want my HERE Account to be deleted. How can I do that?
You may deactivate or terminate your HERE Account through “deactivate your account” functionality at https://account.here.com/.
10. Question: Do I need to update my applications or other software due to these changes?
You should experience no difference in the functionality of the applications or websites as a result of the proposed transaction. We recommend though to always use the most recent version of the applications available.
11. Question: Will HERE share my data with law enforcement agencies who wouldn’t have been able to receive my data from Nokia?
12. Question: Whom do I contact if I have any questions?
You can send any further questions you have about the privacy aspects of the proposed sale to HERE, c/o Privacy, De Run 1115, 5503 LB Veldhoven, Netherlands.